Topics will include:
- Engaging parents and building positive relationships
- Encouraging parents to support their children’s education
- Collaboratively working with parents to resolve behaviour problems
- Strengths-base approaches to managing school refusal
- Introduction to the Parents Plus Children's Programme for parents.
About Prof. Sharry
Prof John Sharry is founder of the Parents Plus Charity, adjunct Professor at the School of Psychology in University College Dublin, a founder of Silver Cloud Health and a weekly health columnist with the Irish Times. He is the lead developer of the award-winning Parents Plus and Working Things Out programmes that are used in schools throughout Ireland and a leading researcher in the application of technology to mental health services delivery. He also the best -selling author of fourteen positive psychology and self-help books including Counselling Children, Adolescents and Famlies and Positive Parenting that have been translated into nine languages including Japanese, Chinese and Arabic. John is a renowned teacher, trainer and workshop presenter nationally and internationally. See parentsplus.ie and www.solutiontalk.ie